Thursday, November 4, 2010

Warpaint Perform "Bees" and "Undertow" for Yours Truly

When I first heard the name Warpaint I immediately conjured up this image of an all-guy hardcore group with tons of tattoos, but when I finally got to hear the music and see the band members of Warpaint I was a little surprised. For one, Warpaint is made up of all girls, which shocked the hell out of me. I haven't heard a bunch of girls rock this hard in a long time. Second, their music is rather angelic, but in a devilish sort of way. Maybe elevator music in Purgatory or something like that. The band has this awesome dynamic of these two gorgeous singers, but underneath is this totally thrashing rhythm section and haunting guitars. The sound created from this dynamic is truly unique. It really is something to admire. This performance showcases two highlights from their newest album, The Fool. Check it out!


Yourstru.ly Presents: Warpaint "Undertow" from Yours Truly on Vimeo.


Yourstru.ly Presents: Warpaint "Bees" from Yours Truly on Vimeo.


- Greg

1 comment: