Wednesday, November 10, 2010

RECOMMENDED: Das Racist :: Sit Down, Man

I guess I am hopping on the bandwagon with this pick, but whatever. Das Racist's newest mixtape, Sit Down, Man, is simply fantastic (yeah, just as every critic in the past month has already proclaimed). Their style of goofy, but yet intellegent "weed rap" never seems to play itself out. I will never get tired of the ridiculous pop culture references that get thrown out in their songs or the wacky productions on many of the cuts. I think people who don't really "get" this type of rap may just not appreciate the fact that Das Racist, which is made up of MC's Victor Vazquez and Himanshu Suri along with their hype man, Dap, are not taking themselves incredibly seriously. This mixtape is certainly not as prolific as other huge rap albums to drop this year, such as The Root's How I Got Over, but who cares? I enjoy the fact that I can listen to this mixtape and just bob my head and smile when I get one of their bizarre pop culture references. It's just a fun listen.

I doubt that most of you will actually listen to this whole mixtape right here and now, but I will suggest you listen to "Amazing," which is where I believe you get the best idea of what Das Racist is trying to achieve with Sit Down, Man. Enjoy!

- Greg

Das Racist - Sit Down, Man by Andy Surprise

1 comment:

  1. I bet I'm related to himanshu suri.. not really, but maybe. I like it.

    ReplyDelete