Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cover of the Day: William Shatner - "Common People" (Pulp Cover)


Sorry for not posting for the last week. I was volunteering at American Legion Jersey Boys State. While there I listened to a record that I have not listened to in years: William Shatner's Has Been. Yes, William Shatner... and yes it is a fantastic record. The album enlists the likes of Ben Folds, Aimee Mann, Joe Jackson, and Henry Rollins. This most likely being the reason why it is so great. "Common People" was a big hit in Europe, but not in the United States, which I think is one reason why this cover works so well. Not only is it already a great song that most average Americans have never truly appreciated; it is also just covered brilliantly. This is easily one of my favorite covers of all time. I hope you enjoy.


William Shatner - "Common People"

No comments:

Post a Comment