Wednesday, October 6, 2010

YOUTUBE: First Aid Kit -- "Tiger Mountain Peasant Song" (Fleet Foxes Cover)

While the world waits in anticipation for a new Fleet Foxes album sometime in the future (I hope). I now occupy my need for Fleet Foxes with amateur covers of their music. This was a cover I found on Youtube and wow... just wow. This blew me away. "Tiger Mountain Peasant Song" is an already beautiful song, but this takes it to a whole new level. This is not to say that it's better than the original, but it is pretty damn good. First Aid Kit, a young, Swedish, sister-duo with some serious talent, impressed the hell out of me with this cover. Since this was put up on Youtube (2008) First Aid Kit is seeming to get a lot of attention, which they rightfully deserve. You gotta' check this out!

- Greg

1 comment:

  1. These two young ladies are VERY good. Their original stuff (including their new album) is fine work. You can tell they find inspiration in Fleet Foxes' music, which is fine by me.

    ReplyDelete