Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's 1:30 in the am, I'm tired, and I'm listening to a collective of stoner metal/camaro rock/ revivalist rock. Don't judge me.

That's what I told my brother after a long night of doing some Latin homework (which is a dead language by the way) that may just be the nine circles of Hell on Earth. I send my brother Sean, who has posted some things for the site in the past, new music whenever I come across it, We share an identical interest in the same music, so it's usually a gift when he sends me stuff as well. I had a feeling he might enjoy these guys. Last night, I came across the stoner metal group, Sleep, and their song, "Dragonaut." I remember being shown these guys in my junior year of high school in art class and not knowing what to think. I hadn't even heard of the genre "stoner metal." There's not much to explain this one--heavy, druggy, and full of dirty, sludgetastic riff work that makes you want to kick a demon in the balls (and yes, I'm going with a hell theme for this one because that is what I was in for a hour and half last night).

Upon listening to Sleep, I was connected to Witchcraft, a Swedish revivalist group of Sabbath era metal who can be cheesy at times, but are definitely doing something right with the way they play.

Lastly, I came upon Graveyard, who play dark but melodic songs like "Satan's Finest," and "Evil Ways." The guitar work is fantastic and lyrics are even better.

These three bands are just a small amount of whats out there, so if your interested, keep looking and listening. All hail, sabbath bloody sabbath.

--Mike

Take a listen:
 Sleep--"Dragonaut"


Witchcraft--"Chylde of Fire"


Graveyard--"Satan's Finest"

No comments:

Post a Comment