Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Replacements - "Kiss Me on the Bus"


I have to say that I hate Valentine’s Day. I think Valentine's Day is a total joke and mockery to what true love actually is. However, I do appreciate that Valentine’s Day evokes memories of elementary school. Valentine’s Day conjures up thoughts of shitty cards, cheaply made lollipops, dumb decorated bags, and clay tasting candies that supposedly tell your future. You now may ask what this has to do with music. Well last night, I began to think about what songs evoked elementary /middle school crushes and one song came to mind. 

Tim, released by The Replacements in 1985, is one of my favorite albums of all time. One of several incredible songs on this album is “Kiss Me on the Bus.”  Certainly the most pop accessible song on the record, “Kiss Me on the Bus” has the pop craftsmanship that The Beatles or The Beach Boys could have written, but also the coarseness of a typical Rolling Stones record. I just love this song so much and I hope you will as well.

- Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment