Friday, February 10, 2012

John Talabot -- "Destiny feat. Pional"

Like a great deal of the world's great electronica music, there are literal and figurative mysteries to a DJ/Musician/Producer's music. For example, I know very little about John Talabot. I can tell you that he is a producer from Barcelona, who just putt out his first album, but interestingly enough this isn't his first time around. Talabot has been around since the mid-2000s, under a different alias of course, as just another "resident DJ," as pitchfork writer Philip Sherburne describes it. Moreover, over the last few years Talabot has crafted a very new and interesting sound. His slow, often brooding, builds can leave listeners hypnotized. While many of the tones on this debut album, ƒIN, are rather ominous, there is a certain enchanting and charming quality to Talabot's productions. I feel that this song, "Destiny," in which Talabot teamed up with another Spanish native (Madrid), Pional, really captures the sound I am trying to describe to you. This song is simply infectious and again, like I did with The Weeknd's House of Balloons, I am going out on a limb and I 'm going to say that this song and album is going to clean up on "end of year" lists. If you dig this, I highly suggest checking out the whole rest of the album.


No comments:

Post a Comment