Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Artist to Look Out For: Oberhofer

When I went to Brooklyn to see Bear in Heaven and Cymbals Eat Guitars I didn't see a few things coming. Well, for one, I did not expect Cymbals Eat Guitars to suck. Two, I did not expect Bear in Heaven to be so amazing; and lastly, I did not expect that the opening act would turn out to be one of my favorite discoveries of the year. Oberhofer is a young band from Fordham University that has created a sound that will certainly turn heads. The song writing is actually quite simple and not anything new, but the overall sound of the band is hauntingly fresh to me. It is something you just have to hear. Never have I seen an opening act that commanded attention like these guys. People were just so interested in the sound of Oberhofer. I am sure many of you will recognize one of the songs I post because it was recently used in a SOBE commercial, which is great to see. At least someone out there is taking notice in them. I really hope these guys hit it big.


"o0O0o0O0o"

"Away From You"

"I Could Go"

No comments:

Post a Comment