Thursday, December 13, 2012

2012: Greg's Favorite Songs of the Year

The end of the year: a time for family, friends, holidays, drinking, and end-of-the-year lists. Sadly, making and reading end-of-the-year lists is the thing I look most forward to.... Wait! Who am I kidding? I love getting hammered and arguing with my family. Seriously though, I love this time of the year because it represents a time of discovery. As much as I love arguing with my fellow music nerds about songs/albums of the year, what is more important is that we all can read these lists and marvel at how amazing this year was for music. I am kicking FILWAD's end-of-the-year lists off with my favorite songs.

Enjoy,
Greg

30.) Cat Power -- "Sun"
29.) Passion Pit -- "Take A Walk" 
28.) The Shins -- "Simple Song"
27.) The Bad Plus -- "Pound For Pound"
26.) Jack White -- "Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy"
25.) (∆) alt-J -- "Dissolve Me"
24.) John Talabot -- "Destiny" (feat. Pional)
23.) Kendrick Lamar -- "The Art of Peer Pressure"
22.) Fiona Apple -- "Hot Knife"
21.) Tame Impala -- "Elephant"
20.) Punch Brothers -- "Who's Feeling Young Now?"
19.) Grizzly Bear -- "Sun In Your Eyes"
18.) Dirty Projectors -- "Gun Has No Trigger"
17.) Father John Misty -- "Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings"
16.) Cody ChesnuTT -- "''Til I Met The"
15.) Chairlift -- "I Belong In Your Arms"
14.) Animal Collective -- "Moonjock"
13.) Regina Spektor -- "Small Town Moon"
12.) Pond -- "You Broke My Cool"
11.) Miguel -- "Adorn"
10.) The Avett Brothers -- "Live and Die"
9.) Grizzly Bear -- "Sleeping Ute"
8.) Cloud Nothings -- "Stay Useless"
7.) Fiona Apple -- "Werewolf"
6.) Bobby Womack -- "Please Forgive My Heart"

5.) Tame Impala -- "Feels Like We Only Go Backwards"



4.) Japandroids -- "The House That Heaven Built"




3.) Frank Ocean -- "Thinkin Bout You"



2.) Kishi Bashi -- "Bright Whites"



1.) Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis -- "Same Love"


No comments:

Post a Comment