Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Feist -- "How Come You Never Go There"

1,2,3,4... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah - this is just about the only thing I really knew of Feist prior to this new album, Metals. Furthermore, going into this album, I thought it was going to be obnoxiously twee and cutesy, but I was very wrong. Within the last few weeks this record has steadily grown on me as one of the best albums of the past month or so. For one, it is superbly produced; rarely does a record sound so clean and crisp. Secondly, the song writing is simply out of this world. Lastly and most importantly, the amount of care that was put into the musicality of this record is just unmatched. This is certainly going to go down for me as the album with the best arrangements this year. Moreover, what I love so much about this record is how it sounds. Their something so precious and "adult" about this record. Yes, "adult" is poor word choice here, but it's the best word I can think of to describe the sound of much of this record. Listen to it yourself to see what I mean.

Feist -- "How Come You Never Go There"

1 comment:

  1. Greg, you should get into "The Reminder" first chance you get.. (The 1,2,3,4 record).... easily one of my favorite records of the last few years. The radio hits don't do some of the deeper cuts justice.

    ReplyDelete