Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Papercuts -- "Do What You Will"

Papercuts is a San Fransisco based project with one sole principal songwriter, Jason Quever. Quever's forthcoming album, Fading Parade, which will be released on the first of March, is something I very much so look forward to. Papercuts often get thrown into the genre of freak folk and dream pop, which are some of my favorites and not just because of the ridiculous names... well at least for freak folk that applies, but mainy because of artists like Devendra Banhart and Beach House, who I adore greatly. However, I think it's a lot easier to just say Papercuts' sound is "indie pop," as vague as that is. The first song I heard from the album, "Do What You Will," has been stuck in my head for days now and I must share it with you. It's just beautifully understated and subtle. It's a song that brings a certain tranquility to my often hectic days here at school. Hope you enjoy!

-- Greg

 Papercuts - Do What You Will by subpop

No comments:

Post a Comment